Party Wall Advice

The Party Wall Act 1996 provides a framework for preventing and resolving disputes in relation to party walls, boundary walls and excavations near neighbouring buildings. 

A building owner proposing to start work covered by the Act must give adjoining owners notice of their intentions. 

We have several specialist Party Wall Surveyors within the practice and have acted for:

  • the Developing Owner;
  • the Adjoining Owner; and
  • as Joint and Third Surveyor

We also undertake all schedules of condition and inspections. 

The extent of our technical knowledge within the practice ensures that we are able to comment appropriately and assess the detail within notices and prepare the content and provision of technical information required to form the award. 

Please contact Mike Bull or Richard Sherwood for further information on how we can assist you. 

As part of our service we offer 30 minutes free advice (by phone) under the RICS advice scheme for domestic situations. Please call 0117 942 7876 and ask to speak to Mike Bull or Richard Sherwood (Bristol) or Ben O’Brien (Birmingham). 

You can also download the party wall booklet below for further information. 

Party Wall Booklet (1.1Mb)

Get in touch

For more information please complete the enquiry form below and a member of our team will be in touch.

Fields marked * are required.

Please complete the Captcha below